One of the most meaningful and encouraging friendships that can exist between Christian women is that of an older woman sharing her life and faith with a younger woman. Experiencing the joys and pains of everyday life together builds a deep bond between both women while drawing them closer to God.
Women today are busy. So Lifestyle Mentoring encourages these relationships to be lived out in the context of what is already going on in our everyday lives. You can meet at the gym or on the trail, share a meal together, or grab a coffee for an hour while kids are napping. It's all about cultivating a friendship in the midst of what is already going on in our lives.
Lifestlye Mentoring is a ministry of The Crossing simply to help facilitate these connections between those willing to mentor and those wanting to be mentored.
Here’s what it takes to be a mentor:
- Be a member of The Crossing.
- Be a few steps ahead in life and faith than the woman you will mentor.
- Meet with the woman you are mentoring a couple times a month to listen and spiritually encourage her in her life and role as a woman.
- Pray for the woman you are mentoring.
If you would like to have a mentor:
- Be a college student or older.
- Plan to meet twice a month with your mentor.
- Desire to have someone come alongside you who loves the Lord and is willing to listen and share as you spend time together.
To find out more information, or how to sign up, please contact Delora Jamison, our Lifestyle Mentoring Coordinator.